• Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 28, 2025
Trackupnews
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Environment
  • Entertainment
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Environment
  • Entertainment
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Trackupnews
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Enugu Traders Defiled Instruction On How To Re-Open Sealed Shops

TrackUpNews by TrackUpNews
July 28, 2023
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Enugu Traders Defiled Instruction On How To Re-Open Sealed Shops
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

26 July 2023

Traders on Wednesday, July 26, 2023, protest the sealing of shops by the Enugu State Government over the illegal IPOB sit-at-home order.

RelatedPosts

Delta @ 34: DOPF Congratulates Oborevwori, Calls for Signing of Security

Warri Rebirth Initiative Stresses Peaceful Co-Existence

Pastor Accused of Assaulting Journalist Granted Bail, Case Adjourned

The Enugu State Government has reacted to Wednesday’s protest by traders of the popular Ogbete Main Market, saying they “defied the instruction on how the shops should be re-opened and resorted to self-help by removing the seals”.

The state government’s reaction to the protest which halted commercial activities in the capital city was contained in a statement by the Secretary to the State Government, Chidiebere Onyia.
It was gathered that at least two were reportedly killed as traders protested the sealing off of their shops by the state government for observing the illegal Monday sit-at-home order by a faction of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

According to the government, the ensuing confrontation resulted in a protest, which they said was infiltrated and hijacked by “dangerously armed hoodlums and miscreants, who broke shops and looted traders’ wares.”

It added that attempts by security operatives to restore order and prevent further looting were violently resisted by “the imported and armed hoodlums.”

The state government also said that it is receiving further briefings on the development, adding that investigation to unravel the circumstance surrounding the incident, including the reports of casualty, is already ongoing.

It called on the people and residents of Enugu to remain calm and go about their lawful businesses, as adequate security measures were in place to secure lives and property in the state.

The state government had earlier warned that it would seal off shops of those who refuse to open business on Monday in the name of sit-at-home.

In protest, traders whose business premises were sealed trooped out on Wednesday to express their displeasure over the development.

It resulted in a clash with the police who came out to disperse them from the streets.

Tags: Enigu Traders Defied Instruction On How To Re-Open Sealed Shops
Previous Post

Delta tribunal dismisses Omo-Agege’s application for new witness

Next Post

Oborevwori’s 100 days in Office: DSCHC to enroll 100,000 persons

TrackUpNews

TrackUpNews

Track Up News is an online news publishing site aimed at disseminating newsworthy information to the public with high sense of objectivity.

Related Posts

Delta Governor Reaffirms Commitment to People’s Interest
News

Delta @ 34: DOPF Congratulates Oborevwori, Calls for Signing of Security

August 28, 2025
Warri Rebirth Initiative Stresses Peaceful Co-Existence
News

Warri Rebirth Initiative Stresses Peaceful Co-Existence

August 26, 2025
Pastor Accused of Assaulting Journalist Granted Bail, Case Adjourned
Crime

Pastor Accused of Assaulting Journalist Granted Bail, Case Adjourned

August 26, 2025
230 Billion: Delta State Govt Unveils Plans for Infrastructure Devt
News

Delta @34: “No Lavish Celebrations, Focus on Development Projects”-Mulade

August 26, 2025
DELTA: Stakeholders Urge Action on Unregulated Land Acquisition
News

DELTA: Stakeholders Urge Action on Unregulated Land Acquisition

August 23, 2025
Development Call: Mulade Urges Oborevwori to Prioritize Industrialisation
News

Mulade urges Ijaw and Itsekiri Leaders to Foster Unity for Development

August 18, 2025
Next Post
Oborevwori’s 100 days in Office: DSCHC to enroll 100,000 persons

Oborevwori’s 100 days in Office: DSCHC to enroll 100,000 persons

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Post

Delta Governor Reaffirms Commitment to People’s Interest

Delta @ 34: DOPF Congratulates Oborevwori, Calls for Signing of Security

August 28, 2025
Warri Rebirth Initiative Stresses Peaceful Co-Existence

Warri Rebirth Initiative Stresses Peaceful Co-Existence

August 26, 2025
Pastor Accused of Assaulting Journalist Granted Bail, Case Adjourned

Pastor Accused of Assaulting Journalist Granted Bail, Case Adjourned

August 26, 2025
Warri Federal Constituency ward delineation: The story so far

Warri Federal Constituency ward delineation: The story so far

August 26, 2025
230 Billion: Delta State Govt Unveils Plans for Infrastructure Devt

Delta @34: “No Lavish Celebrations, Focus on Development Projects”-Mulade

August 26, 2025

Popular Post

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed
Facebook Twitter

About Us

Track Up News is an online news publishing site aimed at disseminating newsworthy information to the public with high sense of objectivity.

Categories

  • Crime (52)
  • Economy (53)
  • Education (20)
  • Entertainment (5)
  • Environment (7)
  • From The Pulpit (1)
  • Health (18)
  • Inside Niger Delta (5)
  • Kid's Corner (1)
  • News (305)
  • Politics (136)
  • Track Up SoundBites (35)

© 2022 TrackUpNews

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Environment
  • Entertainment
  • Special Report

© 2022 TrackUpNews