• Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Trackupnews
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Environment
  • Entertainment
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Environment
  • Entertainment
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Trackupnews
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Clashes Resume In Sudan

TrackUpNews by TrackUpNews
June 11, 2023
in News
Reading Time: 1 min read
0
Clashes Resume In Sudan
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

11 June 2023

Shelling and gunfire resumed Sunday in the Sudanese capital, witnesses said, at the end of a 24-hour ceasefire that had given civilians rare respite from nearly two months of war.

RelatedPosts

Oborevwori Unveils 12 New PS Quarters, Prioritizes Workers’ Welfare

Oborevwori Hails Esiovwa-Thompson’s Gold for Nigeria

ELOZINO OGEGE GETS JUSTICE, COURT SENTENCES 2 TO DEATH

Deadly fighting has raged in the northeast African country since mid-April, when army chief Abdel Fattah al-Burhan and his former deputy Mohamed Hamdan Daglo, who commands the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF), turned on each other.

The latest in a series of ceasefire agreements enabled civilians trapped in the capital Khartoum to venture outside and stock up on food and other essential supplies.

But only 10 minutes after it ended at 6:00 am (0400 GMT) on Sunday the capital was rocked again by the sound of shelling and clashes, witnesses told AFP.

Heavy artillery fire was heard in Khartoum and its twin city Omdurman to the north, and fighting also erupted on Al-Hawa Street, a major artery in the south of the capital, the witnesses said.

Multiple truces have been agreed and broken since the fighting started, and Washington had slapped sanctions on both rival generals after the last attempt collapsed at the end of May.

The latest nationwide ceasefire was announced by US and Saudi mediators who warned they may break off mediation efforts.

“Should the parties fail to observe the 24-hour ceasefire, facilitators will be compelled to consider adjourning” talks in the Saudi city of Jeddah which have been suspended since late last month, the mediators said on Saturday.

The mediators said they “share the frustration of the Sudanese people about the uneven implementation of previous ceasefires”.

Upwards of 1,800 people have been killed in the fighting, according to the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project.

Nearly two million people have been displaced, including 476,000 who have sought refuge in neighbouring countries, the United Nations says.

AFP

Tags: Clashes Resume In Sudan
Previous Post

SERAP Sues Tinubu Over Missing $2.1bn, N3.1trn Subsidy Payments

Next Post

Emefiele: “Probe INEC not CBN” – LP

TrackUpNews

TrackUpNews

Track Up News is an online news publishing site aimed at disseminating newsworthy information to the public with high sense of objectivity.

Related Posts

Oborevwori Unveils 12 New PS Quarters, Prioritizes Workers’ Welfare
News

Oborevwori Unveils 12 New PS Quarters, Prioritizes Workers’ Welfare

August 18, 2026
Oborevwori Hails Esiovwa-Thompson’s Gold for Nigeria
News

Oborevwori Hails Esiovwa-Thompson’s Gold for Nigeria

August 13, 2026
ELOZINO OGEGE GETS JUSTICE, COURT SENTENCES 2 TO DEATH
News

ELOZINO OGEGE GETS JUSTICE, COURT SENTENCES 2 TO DEATH

July 31, 2026
“High Airfares dropping as competition intensifies” – Keyamo
Economy

“High Airfares dropping as competition intensifies” – Keyamo

July 31, 2026
US Launches Retaliatory Strikes On Iran
News

US Launches Retaliatory Strikes On Iran

July 30, 2026
Tinubu Approves ₦46 Billion for Kano Airport Second Runway
Economy

Tinubu Approves ₦46 Billion for Kano Airport Second Runway

July 29, 2026
Next Post
Emefiele: “Probe INEC not CBN” – LP

Emefiele: "Probe INEC not CBN" - LP

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Post

Oborevwori Unveils 12 New PS Quarters, Prioritizes Workers’ Welfare

Oborevwori Unveils 12 New PS Quarters, Prioritizes Workers’ Welfare

August 18, 2026
Omo-Agege Survives Alleged Assassination Attempt in Usiefrun

Omo-Agege Survives Alleged Assassination Attempt in Usiefrun

August 14, 2026
Oborevwori Hails Esiovwa-Thompson’s Gold for Nigeria

Oborevwori Hails Esiovwa-Thompson’s Gold for Nigeria

August 13, 2026
Stakeholders Call For Stronger Institutions Ahead Of 2027 Polls

Stakeholders Call For Stronger Institutions Ahead Of 2027 Polls

July 31, 2026
ELOZINO OGEGE GETS JUSTICE, COURT SENTENCES 2 TO DEATH

ELOZINO OGEGE GETS JUSTICE, COURT SENTENCES 2 TO DEATH

July 31, 2026

Popular Post

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed
Facebook Twitter

About Us

Track Up News is an online news publishing site aimed at disseminating newsworthy information to the public with high sense of objectivity.

Categories

  • Crime (85)
  • Economy (91)
  • Education (42)
  • Entertainment (32)
  • Environment (13)
  • Health (29)
  • Inside Niger Delta (6)
  • Kid's Corner (1)
  • News (453)
  • Politics (188)
  • Relationship (2)
  • Track Up SoundBites (48)

© 2022 TrackUpNews

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Environment
  • Entertainment
  • Special Report

© 2022 TrackUpNews