• Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
Trackupnews
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Environment
  • Entertainment
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Environment
  • Entertainment
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Trackupnews
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Clashes Resume In Sudan

TrackUpNews by TrackUpNews
June 11, 2023
in News
Reading Time: 1 min read
0
Clashes Resume In Sudan
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

11 June 2023

Shelling and gunfire resumed Sunday in the Sudanese capital, witnesses said, at the end of a 24-hour ceasefire that had given civilians rare respite from nearly two months of war.

RelatedPosts

Delta @ 34: DOPF Congratulates Oborevwori, Calls for Signing of Security

Warri Rebirth Initiative Stresses Peaceful Co-Existence

Pastor Accused of Assaulting Journalist Granted Bail, Case Adjourned

Deadly fighting has raged in the northeast African country since mid-April, when army chief Abdel Fattah al-Burhan and his former deputy Mohamed Hamdan Daglo, who commands the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF), turned on each other.

The latest in a series of ceasefire agreements enabled civilians trapped in the capital Khartoum to venture outside and stock up on food and other essential supplies.

But only 10 minutes after it ended at 6:00 am (0400 GMT) on Sunday the capital was rocked again by the sound of shelling and clashes, witnesses told AFP.

Heavy artillery fire was heard in Khartoum and its twin city Omdurman to the north, and fighting also erupted on Al-Hawa Street, a major artery in the south of the capital, the witnesses said.

Multiple truces have been agreed and broken since the fighting started, and Washington had slapped sanctions on both rival generals after the last attempt collapsed at the end of May.

The latest nationwide ceasefire was announced by US and Saudi mediators who warned they may break off mediation efforts.

“Should the parties fail to observe the 24-hour ceasefire, facilitators will be compelled to consider adjourning” talks in the Saudi city of Jeddah which have been suspended since late last month, the mediators said on Saturday.

The mediators said they “share the frustration of the Sudanese people about the uneven implementation of previous ceasefires”.

Upwards of 1,800 people have been killed in the fighting, according to the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project.

Nearly two million people have been displaced, including 476,000 who have sought refuge in neighbouring countries, the United Nations says.

AFP

Tags: Clashes Resume In Sudan
Previous Post

SERAP Sues Tinubu Over Missing $2.1bn, N3.1trn Subsidy Payments

Next Post

Emefiele: “Probe INEC not CBN” – LP

TrackUpNews

TrackUpNews

Track Up News is an online news publishing site aimed at disseminating newsworthy information to the public with high sense of objectivity.

Related Posts

Delta Governor Reaffirms Commitment to People’s Interest
News

Delta @ 34: DOPF Congratulates Oborevwori, Calls for Signing of Security

August 28, 2025
Warri Rebirth Initiative Stresses Peaceful Co-Existence
News

Warri Rebirth Initiative Stresses Peaceful Co-Existence

August 26, 2025
Pastor Accused of Assaulting Journalist Granted Bail, Case Adjourned
Crime

Pastor Accused of Assaulting Journalist Granted Bail, Case Adjourned

August 26, 2025
230 Billion: Delta State Govt Unveils Plans for Infrastructure Devt
News

Delta @34: “No Lavish Celebrations, Focus on Development Projects”-Mulade

August 26, 2025
DELTA: Stakeholders Urge Action on Unregulated Land Acquisition
News

DELTA: Stakeholders Urge Action on Unregulated Land Acquisition

August 23, 2025
Development Call: Mulade Urges Oborevwori to Prioritize Industrialisation
News

Mulade urges Ijaw and Itsekiri Leaders to Foster Unity for Development

August 18, 2025
Next Post
Emefiele: “Probe INEC not CBN” – LP

Emefiele: "Probe INEC not CBN" - LP

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Post

Delta Governor Reaffirms Commitment to People’s Interest

Delta @ 34: DOPF Congratulates Oborevwori, Calls for Signing of Security

August 28, 2025
Warri Rebirth Initiative Stresses Peaceful Co-Existence

Warri Rebirth Initiative Stresses Peaceful Co-Existence

August 26, 2025
Pastor Accused of Assaulting Journalist Granted Bail, Case Adjourned

Pastor Accused of Assaulting Journalist Granted Bail, Case Adjourned

August 26, 2025
Warri Federal Constituency ward delineation: The story so far

Warri Federal Constituency ward delineation: The story so far

August 26, 2025
230 Billion: Delta State Govt Unveils Plans for Infrastructure Devt

Delta @34: “No Lavish Celebrations, Focus on Development Projects”-Mulade

August 26, 2025

Popular Post

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed
Facebook Twitter

About Us

Track Up News is an online news publishing site aimed at disseminating newsworthy information to the public with high sense of objectivity.

Categories

  • Crime (52)
  • Economy (53)
  • Education (20)
  • Entertainment (5)
  • Environment (7)
  • From The Pulpit (1)
  • Health (18)
  • Inside Niger Delta (5)
  • Kid's Corner (1)
  • News (305)
  • Politics (136)
  • Track Up SoundBites (35)

© 2022 TrackUpNews

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Environment
  • Entertainment
  • Special Report

© 2022 TrackUpNews